Your privacy is very important to Aromatherapy Lane. If you have any queries concerning your personal information please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aromatherapy Lane is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy statement).
Information is collected in the following situations:
• If you contact us we may keep a record of the correspondence.
• When you enter your contact details via our website or via social media platforms.
• Information collected at your first appointment when you complete a confidential Consultation Form.
• Information that you provide verbally at appointments when we discuss your health and well-being.
What information we gather
The following information may be gathered:
• Contact information including email address
• Medical history and lifestyle information
How your information is used
We use your information to help us understand your needs, and in particular for the following reasons:
• To improve the services we provide
• To send you promotional newsletters from time to time
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
• To notify you about any changes to services
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
How long we keep your information
We are required under our insurance policy to keep your personal information securely and in strict confidence for a minimum of 7 years after your last appointment. After which time, your information will be destroyed.
Sharing your personal data
We provide Harley Street Consulting Clinics with a list of appointments booked at their premises. This information is strictly limited to your name and time of appointment.
Website and Payment Gateways
We take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. We have put in place password-protection procedures and security features to keep your information secure. Please be aware that any data which you send to our website is sent at your own risk.
Disclosure of your information
We will not pass your information to any third party except:
• To any company or individual, we engage to provide functions on our behalf, such as website hosting and payment gateways. Such companies and individuals will have access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purposes.
If we are legally required to disclose information by
• The police
• Any regulatory or government authority
• A court of law
We will inform you of any such order or request for disclosure as soon as reasonably practicable after we receive it, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so or it is not reasonably practical to do so.
Accessing your Records
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to inspect the information we hold about you. If you would like to check the information we hold about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Subject Access Right (SAR). We will respond to your request within one calendar month.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
If you have a complaint, please email us in the first instance so we may try to resolve it for you. If we are unable to, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk, or tel: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to Privacy Statement
The contents of this Privacy Statement may change from time to time. The updated statement will be available on the website www.aromatherapylane.co.uk and will take effect once posted. Your continued use of the website after the posting will signify your agreement to the new terms.